Around 80-85 percent of people, especially teenagers are struggling with acne. It develops due to various factors like stress, hormonal changes, weak immune system and unhealthy foods which cause excess secretion of oil on the surface of the skin. This oil, dirt and dead skin get trapped in the tiny pores present on the skin that causes bacterial growth into it. These bacteria are responsible for causing acne.
We use so many expensive and ineffective creams and serums on our skin to treat acne. But they do nothing for us. Almost all the creams and serums contain harmful chemicals which are very harsh to our skin. These chemicals have a lot of side effects for our skin, such as red rashes, dry, rough and itchy skin, red patches, and ulcers on the surface of the skin. There is a very effective and inexpensive remedy for acne is provided by nature. Apple cider vinegar is very useful for our skin. It’s a pure natural product, gifted by nature to the humankind.
Apple Cider Vinegar For Acne
Apple cider vinegar has an astringent property that dries out the oil present on the skin. It scrub out all the dust, old and dead skin cells and help in regenerating the new skin’s tissues for the growth of healthy new skin. Apple cider vinegar also has anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties which are very helpful in killing the bacteria and germs which cause acne. It is a natural detoxifier that deals with free radicals and other harmful toxins which causes acne. It also balances the pH levels of the skin, which helps to regulate the oil production in the skin tissues. Apple cider vinegar has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce the redness, swelling, and pain caused by the acne. It contains many essential nutrients, such as vitamin A, B2, B6, C, E, and P, which are very useful to fight against the acne, speed up the healing process and reduce the scars. It contains alpha hydroxy and amino acids that dissolve dead skin cells and fatty acid deposits in the skin. As an astringent, apple cider vinegar dries out the pimples. It also contains malic and lactic acids which are very helpful for exfoliating and softening the skin and to reduce the red marks.
The use of harsh cleansers and soaps destroys the acid mantle of our skin. Acid mantle is needed to protect our skin from germs, bacteria and pollution. Apple cider vinegar returns the acidity to the skin and helps in restores the acid mantle. It also kills the bacteria, removes excess dirt, oil and makeup and dissolves the dead skin cells. It acts as a powerful skin detoxifier and cleanser.
There are different methods of using apple cider vinegar to treat acne:-
Apple cider vinegar, Method 1:-
- Apply apple cider vinegar on the affected areas with the help of some cotton.
- Leave it as it is, for around 10-15min to dry completely.
- Rinse off with normal water and pat your face dry with a soft towel or cloth.
- Repeat this process daily to get effective results.
Apple cider vinegar, Method 2:-
This process opens up the pores and removes the impurities from the skin pores.
- Take some boiled water and add 2-3 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Now cover your head with a towel or any other cloth
- Bend towards the bowl to take facial steam for min 5min.
- Now remove the towel and wash your face with cold water
- Repeat the process regularly to get effective results.
Apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil
- Take 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar and 2-3 drops tea tree oil
- Mix these elements properly
- Now apply this mixture on the face with the help of a cotton ball
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes
- Rinse off your face with cold water
- Repeat this remedy daily for getting better results.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Aloe Vera Gel
This method is very effective. It removes acne as well as its scars.
- Take 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar and 1-2 tablespoon Aloe Vera Gel
- Prepare a mixture of these elements
- Apply this mixture on your face evenly as a mask
- Wait for 60-70 minutes and wash your face with normal water
- Repeat this remedy once or twice in a week for getting better results.